We are pleased to announce plans for Yorkshire to honour the fundraising achievement of Captain (now Colonel) Tom Moore.
The Yorkshire Society and Keighley Town Council are now organising a joint event to thank Colonel Tom, the NHS and all key workers in Yorkshire for their efforts during the unprecedented coronavirus pandemic.
Later this year, once social distancing is over and public gatherings are permitted, a combined civic and public event will be held in Keighley, Colonel Tom’s hometown. Planning is already under way so the event can take place at the earliest opportunity.
The event will include:
- A combination of activities to allow the people of Keighley and Yorkshire to take part.
- Civic unveiling of a suitable monument to Colonel Tom in Keighley town square.
- Civic parade from Keighley town centre to Cliffe Castle.
- Presentation of civic awards and honorary membership of The Yorkshire Society to Colonel Tom and other special guests.
- Festival of celebration within the grounds of Cliffe Castle including funfair, community stalls and art projects to say thank you to Colonel Tom, the NHS and key workers.
- Formal civic dinner for the guests of honour hosted by the Mayor of Keighley.
- Fundraising for Colonel Tom’s NHS appeal.
Keighley Town Council and The Yorkshire Society will be extending invitations to Colonel Tom, other special guests, the local population and the people of Yorkshire. Civic leaders from across the county will be joined by a VIP guest list and members of The Yorkshire Society at this unique event.
Ticket information for the civic elements, and details of how to apply, will be announced when a date for the event is decided.
DO YOU KNOW SOMEONE WORTHY OF BEING HONOURED AT THIS EVENT?
We are looking for those special people in Yorkshire who have gone above and beyond the call of duty during the coronavirus pandemic. Individuals who have done something amazing, like Colonel Tom: NHS workers who have put patients before self; key workers who have gone way beyond their role and responsibilities; and extra-ordinary citizens who have done something that re-defines what community spirit is.
Let us know if there is someone you feel should be honoured at this event along with Colonel Tom Moore. Please send your nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Colonel Tom Moore Event’ in the subject line.
Any corporate interest or enquiries about this event should be sent to email@example.com