2023 Yorkshire Heritage Summit
May 18 @ 10:00 am - 4:30 pm£10
All organisations concerned with promoting or protecting Yorkshire’s heritage are invited to join the Society’s affiliated Yorkshire Heritage Guardians at the 2023 Heritage Summit.
Last year saw our first Yorkshire Heritage Summit held in Pontefract. So, building on last year’s success we are now organised our 2nd Heritage Summit at the World Heritage Location of Saltaire at Victoria Hall.
This important full day event will involve two key elements: a Yorkshire Heritage Exhibition (free to attend and open to the public) and the Yorkshire Heritage Symposium, with guest speakers, Q&A sessions, the awarding of the Harry Gration History prize and free guided walks around the World Heritage site with Yorkshire Blue Badge Guides.
If you would like to exhibit at the Heritage Summit please get in touch, write to email@example.com The rates for exhibiting are:
- Commercial organisations and agencies: £100 to include four tickets for the Symposium.
- Registered Heritage Guardians with over 2,000 members: £50 to include four tickets for the Symposium.
- Registered Heritage Guardians with under 2,000 members: £25 to include two conference tickets.
YORKSHIRE HERITAGE SYMPOSIUM
This is a ticket only event for anyone concerned with any aspect of Yorkshire’s heritage.
The theme of this year’s event is The role of Yorkshire’s public and voluntary bodies in shaping and delivering the Region’s heritage in the mid 21st century.
Keynote speakers already confirmed include:
– Sheena Campbell – Saltaire World Heritage Site Officer
– David Butterworth – Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority – CEO
– Jeff Davitt – Yorkshire Rewilding Network – Chairman
– Kevin Trickett – Yorkshire & Humber Region Civic Trusts – Chairman
Speakers, presentations and discussion will take place over two sessions, one in the morning and one in the afternoon.
Between the two, over lunch, delegates will be free to visit Saltaire Mills, the imposing and elegant former mill housing art galleries, select shopping outlets, a cafe and a diner.
Don’t forget there is a free free guided walks around the World Heritage site with Yorkshire Blue Badge Guides.
PLACES ARE LIMITED SO EARLY BOOKING IS RECOMMENDED – BOOK TICKETS FOR THE SYMPOSIUM BELOW:
Further details and ticket information will be published as plans for the event develop. In the meantime, If you have any questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org