Events for business and pleasure.
Bringing the people and businesses of Yorkshire together.
Guided walk from Rylstone in Wharfedale with Nicky Busby.
February 2 @ 10:00 am - 2:30 pmFree
Join Nicky Busby and friends from the Society on another ‘discover Yorkshire’ walk in Wharfedale to enjoy the spectacular scenery and amazing views from Rylstone Cross.
The walk will take us away from Rylstone village along a cart track before climbing uphill onto the Rylstone skyline. We will enjoy the views of Wharfedale from Rylstone Cross and then onto the Cracoe Obelisk before descending the fell into Cracoe village. We will call into The Devonshire Arms Country Inn for some refreshments before returning into Rylstone.
Date: Saturday 2nd February 2019
Meeting Point: Rylstone – Parking area (just north of the village past the duck pond)
Distance: 6.5 miles
Start time: 10.00 am
We should be back at the parking area at approximately 2.30 pm.
A map will be given to you at the start of the walk along with a description of the route should you wish to walk at a slower/faster pace to the rest of the group.
- Dogs are not permitted – Sorry.
- The walk is not suitable for pushchairs or wheelchairs.
- A reasonable level of fitness is required for this walk as there is a steep climb up to Rylstone Fell.
- Toilets are available at the pub which is approximately 4.5 miles into the walk.
- Ensure you bring a pack-up and plenty of water to keep you hydrated! Refreshments will be available at a pub stop en route.
- Please indicate any health problems i.e. diabetes, epilepsy etc. at time of booking.
- Remember to bring waterproofs and warm clothing to ensure you stay dry and comfortable. Sturdy boots are essential due to uneven surfaces. A spare pair of socks in your rucksack would be advisable as a section of the walk can be quite boggy in the winter months.
I look forward to meeting you all and hope that you enjoy my second seasonal walk!
Please drop me a line at email@example.com to book a place.