PLAQUES THAT CONNECT THE PAST TO THE PRESENT
The Yorkshire Society proudly produces plaques for passed Yorkshire men and women who, during their lifetime, achieved great things, gave exceptional service or contributed significantly to the region.
Adding to the recognition of worthy individuals, the Society now also recognises notable business achievement, historic events and places of significant interest too.
WHO CAN RECEIVE A PLAQUE?
Anyone worthy of official recognition can receive a plaque from The Yorkshire Society, and anyone can nominate someone.
There are some simple conditions:
- A nominee must have been deceased for at least 2 years.
- The nominator may have to cover the cost of the plaque production.
- The Yorkshire Society alone will decide if a nomination is to be approved.
- Nomination is not a guarantee that a plaque will be produced.
- The Society’s decision is final and we reserve the right to change a decision should circumstances or information change.
- The nominator will be required to make any and all arrangements for locating the plaque.
- The process from nomination to a plaque’s production can take up to 6 months.
Please help us to recognise and commemorate the great and the good from Yorkshire’s past.
And to create a real connection between them and us, today.
IRON CAST IN YORKSHIRE
Built to last, our plaques are made in Yorkshire of cast-iron then hand painted.
For individuals we produce a traditional blue disc with white lettering that is 40cm in diameter.
For businesses the plaque is larger, 50cm in diameter, and reversed with blue lettering on a white background.